Hi Russlel,
On 07/04/17 17:29, Russell Gold wrote:

That’s the way it works: when you specify a snapshot, it takes the latest.

This is not 100% true, cause it depends on the update policy you have defined in your settings either explicit or by default the updates will be checked every 24 hours...

If you like to force this you can use mvn -U ...or define a different updatePolicy in your settings.xml for the appropriate repository.

By using mvn -U you make sure for running this build Maven will check if there are newer SNAPSHOT version available for dependencies which have defined a SNAPSHOT version....

This is working for a single module project...but if you have a multi module build (Project C: A1 build before A2) which takes for example 5 minutes to build ...this is no longer 100% true...

Now let us assume you have another project B which dependends on two different artifacts (A1, A2) of Project C ...this means in consequence those artifacts are build at two different times...

This means it could happen that your build of Project B consumes A2 from build #10 but A1 from build #9 ...

In practical it usually works without any issue using the mvn -U ...but you should be aware of this issue...

The only solution which I have found to make 100% sure is to use the output during the build of the project A and use those parsed informations about the SNAPSHOT versions and inject them into my current build ...(https://github.com/khmarbaise/deployment-recorder-extension not ready yet)...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

There are some corner cases where it won’t. I think it only checks for a new
snapshot every few hours or so, so if you are putting out a lot you might
conceivably miss one. You can reset that if you need to
.