Hi Jörg,

As far as I know, Maven has no notion of "major" vs. "minor" vs. "patch"
versions in the style of e.g. SemVer.

It simply judges which version is the newest via its algorithm, and uses
the newest, since it is assumed that a dependency on e.g. 3.2.0 means
"version must be at least as new as 3.2.0".

Regards,
Curtis

--
Curtis Rueden