Hi,

Another question that came up while at my Maven migration task in the Edgent
project.
Justin suggested to prefix all artifactIds with “apache-edgent-“. Having a look
at the Apache Repo it feels like 80% prefix the artifacts with the
“{projectname}-“ , about 10% with “apache-{projectname}” and another 10% don’t
prefix at all.

I have to admit, that I usually don’t prefix at all too as I think the groupId
already sets the context. Ok … in a war archive a project prefix might have a
slight benefit over a non-project prefix, but adding the “apache-{projectname}“
prefix to the artifact id and hereby to the name of the generated jar seems
unnecessarily verbose.

Are there any best practices, suggestions or guidelines? Guess if adding
“apache-“ is considered best practice, I think I should adjust this in the Flex
project too.

Chris