I just improved output in MSITE-797 for future maven-site-plugin 3.7 (not yet
released)

But please upgrade to 3.4 minimum as the error message will give you much
better insight on the cause of the failure: see https://issues.apache.org/
jira/browse/MSITE-713

Regards,

Hervé

Le samedi 30 septembre 2017, 13:15:36 CEST Hervé BOUTEMY a écrit :
> Hi Russel,
>
> Can you give more stacktrace lines, please, since I suppose it is a
> reporting plugin issue, but I cannot figure out *which* report plugin
>
> (and I'll have to find a way to have more tiny stacktraces when there is an
> issue with a report plugin that is launched by maven-site-plugin, since
> everybody points finger at maven-site-plugin instead of the reporting plugin
> that failed... I know that currently, from a user perspective, that is the
> natural perception: I need to find a trick to change this, I don't know how
> yet)
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le vendredi 29 septembre 2017, 12:25:02 CEST Russell Gold a écrit :
> > I have added a module-info to my project, and now when I run mvn site, it
> > is
> failing:
> > > org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
> > > execute
> > > goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.3:site (default-site)
> > > on project simplestub: Error during page generation>
> > >
> > >   at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.j
> > >   va:213) at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.j
> > >   va:154) at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.j
> > >   va:146) at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject
> > >   (
> > >   LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117) at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject
> > >   (
> > >   LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81) at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThread
> > >   dBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51) at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleS
> > >   arter.java:128) at
> > >   org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:309)
> > >   at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:194)
> > >   at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:107)
> > >   at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:993)
> > >   at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:345)
> > >   at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:191)
> > >   at
> > >   java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> > >   Method) at
> > >   java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMe
> > >   hodAccessorImpl.java:62) at
> > >   java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Dele
> > >   atingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at
> > >   java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
> > >   at

org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launch
> > >   r.java:289) at

org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:
> > >   2
> > >   29) at

org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Laun
> > >   her.java:415) at
> > >   org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:
35
> > >   6
> > >   )>
> > >
> > > Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error during
> > > page generation>
> > >
> > >   at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.execute(SiteMojo.java:143)
> > >   at

org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBu