Hi,

On 01/10/17 15:35, Alex O'Ree wrote:
Apache jUDDI PMC here.

I just spent the better part of my weekend trying to update and revamp
some code in Apache jUDDI and ran into a bit of strange situation that
is reporting worthy.

All of our previous release builds were ran using maven 3.3.9 on
windows with JDK7. I recently switched to maven 3.5.0 (love the
colors!) and have been happily moving along without any troubles on
any of my projects up until now.

I still don't understand it and can't really explain what the issue
is, but I'm seeing consistent unit test failures in jUDDI but only
when running with maven 3.5.0. I even rolled back the source code for
two different release version of jUDDI only see the same issue.
Switching back to maven 3.3.9 somehow fixes the test failures.

I wish i could tell you all what the root cause is, but I honestly
have no idea. I've been subscribed to this list for probably 6 months
now and I don't recall seeing anything else similar in nature reported
so I figured I'd give this a shot.

Relevant product info
jUDDI is a server based web app that stores a registry of service
endpoints. This data is stored using JPA in an Apache Derby database
during unit tests. It also supports replication across multiple server
instances.

Test details:
Tests related to server replication, in which multiple instances of
jUDDI are started and replication is triggered between 3 instances are
failing. I initially thought this may have been some kind of string to
byte encoding issue (it still may be). Still investigate this.

Using surefire 2.4 with junit 4.12.

Are you really using maven-surefire-plugin version 2.4 which is from 2008 ? Have you correctly defined to use maven-surefire-plugin 2.4 somewhere ?

First I would suggest to keep Maven 3.3.9 and upgrade maven-surefire-plugin to newer versions and see if it does not break anything...

Afterwards I would upgrade to Maven 3.5.0...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Steps to reproduce
using maven 3.5.0 with jdk7 (windows)
git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/juddi.git
mvn clean install -Pdist

This will take a while by the way and will fail in the uddi-tck module.
Switching to maven 3.3.9 will work though