Hi,

On 27/06/18 12:25, Ravindranatha Panikar, Renjith wrote:
I am planning to use maven release plugin for automating the release of our
application.
There can be two types of releases.

                Normal Release:
                                              Current code should be tagged.
                                              Pom.xml should get updated to
'next-version-SNAPSHOT'.
                                              Artifacts should be public to
remote repository.

                SNAPSHOT Release: it can contain one or more hot fixes which we
would like to release on an immediate basis.
                                                      Tagging is not required
here.
                                                       Pom.xml should not be
updated.
                                                      Artifacts should be
published to remote repository with name 'ProjectName-
next-version-SNAPSHOT'.jar'

I know maven-release-plugin can perform the 'Normal Release'. But is there any
way I can handle the 'SNAPSHOT release'?

A SNAPSHOT and a release is a contradiction in itself..cause a SNAPSHOT versions is not a release cause it can change etc. whereas a release is immutable can not change...

Maybe I misunderstand your question but based on this it makes no sense to me...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise