Tamás,

Redis is so easy to install and get going in 5 minutes that I would rather see your energy go into areas which need more attention.

Am 2021-10-04 um 22:02 schrieb Tamás Cservenák:
Hi Bernd,

nothing is wrong with advisory file locking, as long as you don't store
local repo on NFS ;)
Will re-add file locking once I get there, as in my opinion it is the most
"lightweight" MP (multi process) solution on a single host.
Redis and Hazelcast are more for "farms", where several hosts with many
processes (and each with many threads) is bashing local repo (that MAY be
on NFS as well).

Thanks
Tamas

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 9:37 PM Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>