From: Nils Breunese <n...@breun.nl>
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2022 5:35 PM
To: Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Possible protocol error, handshake_error when using Maven

----
External E-mail --- CAUTION: This email originated from outside GDMS. Do not
click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
content is safe.

christopher.mil...@gd-ms.com wrote:

> Yes, we have a local Nexus repo where I can use curl command to
> upload/download without errors.

When you have issues it's when Maven is trying to download something directly
from repo.maven.apache.org? So you don't use your Nexus instance as a proxy for
Maven Central, right?

Your Nexus will use a different TLS certificate chain than
repo.maven.apache.org, so not having the correct CA certificate for Maven
Central could still be the issue.

Does this command work on your machine?

curl
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/maven-archiver/2.5/maven-archiver-2.5.pom

If so, does getting that URL from a simple Java program work on your machine?

Nils.