From: Alexander Kriegisch <alexan...@kriegisch.name>
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2023 8:02:01 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org <users@maven.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Self-inflicted wounds again.

Hi Joseph.

In your branch, please note that currently your build will not work for
Windows users:

[INFO] --- exec:3.1.0:exec (Xalan2 design documentation) @ xalan-project ---
Fehler: Hauptklasse org.apache.stylebook.StyleBook konnte nicht gefunden oder
geladen werden
Ursache: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.stylebook.StyleBook
[ERROR] Command execution failed.
org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit
value: 1)

I have replaced the UNIX-style ":'" path separators by instances of
"${path.separator}", see also my PR
https://github.com/apache/xalan-java/pull/119.

Now, the build passes. You seem to have upgraded the Assembly Plugin, as
Karl Heinz advised you to do. Please do not use things like LATEST or
version ranges, it defeats any efforts to get repeatable builds.

Before I look into your project any deeper, especially into your
assemblies - so far I did not look at all yet - can you tell me if your
problems are all fixed for the moment? The situation seems to have
progressed since last time you asked.

Kind regards
--
Alexander Kriegisch