I appreciate the help, Stefan.

I tried deleting the directories you mentioned, but I still got the same
warnings regarding "maven-default-http-blocker".

I did the following for a clean slate:
1. git clone g...@github.com:apache/pulsar.git pulsar-mvn-issue
2. cd pulsar-mvn-issue
3. ./mvnw clean install -DskipTests
-Dmaven.repo.local=/Users/asaf/streamnative/sandbox/temp-m2

This uses an empty .m2 directory.

In less than a few minutes, I get the following warnings:

Downloading from maven-default-http-blocker:
http://0.0.0.0/io/grpc/grpc-api/maven-metadata.xml
Downloaded from jcenter:
https://jcenter.bintray.com/io/grpc/grpc-api/maven-metadata.xml (3.6 kB at
8.3 kB/s)
Progress (1): 600 B

Downloaded from sonatype-nexus-snapshots:
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/io/grpc/grpc-api/maven-metadata.xml
(600 B at 525 B/s)
[WARNING] Could not transfer metadata io.grpc:grpc-api/maven-metadata.xml
from/to maven-default-http-blocker (http://0.0.0.0/): transfer failed for
http://0.0.0.0/io/grpc/grpc-api/maven-metadata.xml
Downloading from central:
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/io/grpc/grpc-api/1.51.0/grpc-api-1.51.0.pom
Progress (1): 2.0 kB

Downloaded from central:
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/io/grpc/grpc-api/1.51.0/grpc-api-1.51.0.pom
(2.0 kB at 13 kB/s)
Downloading from central:
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/io/grpc/grpc-context/1.51.0/grpc-context-1.51.0.pom
Downloading from maven-default-http-blocker:
http://0.0.0.0/io/grpc/grpc-core/maven-metadata.xml
Downloaded from sonatype-nexus-snapshots:
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/io/grpc/grpc-core/maven-metadata.xml
(906 B at 2.5 kB/s)
Downloaded from jcenter:
https://jcenter.bintray.com/io/grpc/grpc-core/maven-metadata.xml (5.2 kB at
12 kB/s)
[WARNING] Could not transfer metadata io.grpc:grpc-core/maven-metadata.xml
from/to maven-default-http-blocker (http://0.0.0.0/): transfer failed for
http://0.0.0.0/io/grpc/grpc-core/maven-metadata.xml
Downloading from central:
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/io/grpc/grpc-core/1.50.2/grpc-core-1.50.2.pom
Progress (1): 2.5 kB

Downloaded from central:
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/io/grpc/grpc-core/1.50.2/grpc-core-1.50.2.pom
(2.5 kB at 17 kB/s)
[WARNING] io.grpc:grpc-api/maven-metadata.xmlfailed to transfer from
http://0.0.0.0/ during a previous attempt. This failure was cached in the
local repository and resolution will not be reattempted until the update
interval of maven-default-http-blocker has elapsed or updates are forced.
Original error: Could not transfer metadata
io.grpc:grpc-api/maven-metadata.xml from/to maven-default-http-blocker (
http://0.0.0.0/): transfer failed for
http://0.0.0.0/io/grpc/grpc-api/maven-metadata.xml
Downloading from vertx-snapshots-repository:
https://s01.oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/io/grpc/grpc-api/maven-metadata.xml
Downloading from central:
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/io/grpc/grpc-api/1.50.2/grpc-api-1.50.2.pom
Progress (1): 2.0 kB

Downloaded from central:
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/io/grpc/grpc-api/1.50.2/grpc-api-1.50.2.pom
(2.0 kB at 13 kB/s)
Downloading from central:
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/io/grpc/grpc-context/1.50.2/grpc-context-1.50.2.pom
Progress (1): 1.2 kB

Are you not getting those warnings?
My main issue here is: How do I know which repository is blocked due to
lack of https? Once I know, I can search for it in the pom.xml and change
it, right?
I know that I don't have any settings.xml personally that can affect it, so
it must be in the pom.xml

Thanks!

Asaf