Any more suggestions on this?

This has to be one of the least documented features of maven and I'm
completely wedged.

-----Original Message-----
From: EJ Ciramella [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 2:18 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: RE: Interrnal remote repository

Yeah, I switched the <pluginRepository> from file to http (I am running
apache 2 to make these fils available via http).

But, it just can't find what it's looking for (even though things _do_
exist up there):

E:\work\up-svcs\lty\proj\LTY-P000039>mvn -e -Dmaven.test.skip=true
install
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   Unnamed - lty:app:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]   Lty Utils
[INFO]   Lty Crypto(Client)
[INFO]   LtyModel
[INFO]   LtyDataGen
[INFO]   Crypto Server
[INFO]   Upromise.com Site
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Building Unnamed - lty:app:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
----
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not exist or no valid
versio
n could be found
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(Default
LifecycleExecutor.java:1281)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getMojoDescriptor(De
faultLifecycleExecutor.java:1517)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.bindLifecycleForPack
aging(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1011)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.constructLifecycleMa
ppings(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:975)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultL
ifecycleExecutor.java:453)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifec
ycleExecutor.java:140)
        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
        at
a:39)
        at
Impl.java:25)
        at
        at
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionNotFoundException: The
plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not exist
 or no valid version could be found
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePlugi
nVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:225)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePlugi
nVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:87)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPluginM
anager.java:158)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(Default
LifecycleExecutor.java:1252)
        ... 18 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Jul 10 14:15:21 EDT 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/3M
[INFO]

Why is this?