From: Max Cooper [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 2:36 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: New user

Many jars do not require manual installation. Don't install a jar manually if it is already available on the public repo:

   http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/

I recommend reading the free maven2 book (http://www.mergere.com/m2book_download.jsp) to get started. A little time spent doing pure learning up front is well worth it.

-Max

Thierry Barnier wrote:
Hi Mayank,

as you put your jar files as dependencies, you should install them in your
local repository, using the maven install-file command...

More on this on:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-3rd-party-jars-local.html

Cheers

Thierry