Hi Sebastien,

I'm glad that you liked the m1 book ;-) but I'm sorry that you don't like
the new m2 one...

There are probably several reasons. One of them may be that it's hard to
write with a consistent voice and consistent progression when several
authors write at the same time. OTOH this has allowed us to cover an
important variety of topics and to release the book when it was needed.

I guess the other hard part when we wrote the m2 book is that m2 was and
still is evolving. This is one reason why an online format is a good choice.

So I guess that in order to improve in the next release of the m2 book we
should get someone to review/reorder/rewrite the junctions between the
different chapters to get a more seamless flow between them and so that the
progression remains constant. What would make this even easier would be to
get help from the community to tell us precisely where things should be
improved.

AFAIK there's no Maven2 Developer's Notebook in the pipeline and I think we
should be able to improve this one over time. It's an online book and thus
has the power of being modified more easily.

Thanks for your feedback.
-Vincent