Another option is to spend some bucks on if it fits your needs. It'll
probably cost you less than finding working alternatives but all that
depends on your needs I guess. For example if you spend 1 day looking for an
alternative it'll already have paid for itself... ;-)

I haven't used cobertura nor emma recently so I can't tell you which one is
best. The only one I really know is Clover and that's the one I used on
business projects. I also use it on oss projects. And I wrote the m1 clover
plugin and now the m2 plugin so I'm 100% biased :-)

-Vincent