Thanks for your answer, David.

continuum-3 wrote:

>> my Continuum installation is accessing a file system directory using
>> scm-local provider to get sources (BTW, the directory is on a ClearCase
>> dynamic view). Updates are working fine as long as files are only changed
>> or
>> added. But when files are removed from the source directory, they still
>> exist in the target directory. Especially after refactoring activities,
>> this
>> leads to build errors.
>
> Make sure you are runnning clean goal in maven.  When you do a clean it
> should delete this info from the target directories.  And that will fix
> your problem.

This is what I am doing. The problem is: My project source dir resides on a
dynamic view on drive Z:\VOB\some\where. My Continuum working directory is
e.g. D:\continuum-work\99.

What Continuum does (with help of scm-local) is to copy all files from
Z:\VOB\some\where to D:\continuum-work\99 before running the build. If
someone removes an outdated class from ClearCase, it won't be on
Z:\VOB\some\where any longer. As scm-local currently does not delete
anything from the checkout directory, the outdated class will still be there
at d:\continuum-work\99. The clean goal will only delete
d:\continuum-work\99\target.

> BTW, you'll speed up your build if you get maven to put the target
> directories somewhere else, outside of the dynamic view, as dynamic
> views can be slow.

Did you manage to let Continuum operate directly on a dynamic view, in my
example on Z:\VOB\some\where, without copying to a working directory?

Probably you are only talking about Maven stand-alone usage. Then, I agree,
it is no problem, as long as you are running the clean goal.

Regards,
Arne