Hi Volker,

Both the documentation and code are correct AFAIK. The correct way is to use
licenseLocation as licenseFile has been deprecated (see
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-clover-plugin/instrument-mojo.html
which mentions the deprecation as of Clover plugin v2.1).

The web site is for the latest version of the plugin (currently v2.2).

> instead of
>
> <licenseLocation>${basedir}/src/test/clover/myclover.license</licenseLocat
> ion>
> (from the docs)
>
> THAT is really annoying! Wrong documentation is by far more useless than
> no
> documentation.

Then I guess you won't like the Clover plugin compared to lots of other
plugins as it has lots of documentation and thus has a higher risk than
other plugin to have errors in it.... :-) You'll love all the other plugins
with no documentation though as they have no documentation errors... :-)

When a documentation error is found the correct approach is to create a JIRA
issue for the project and mention it there so that it can be fixed.

> Maybe it would help to use a specific version of the maven-clover-plugin
> in
> the examples.

This something that we do badly indeed:

1) The web site SHOULD display the version of the plugin it is
documentation. This is a regression from Maven 1.x where we had this.

2) The web site should propose documentation for the different releases of
the said plugin so that someone who wants to read the doc for v2.1 of the
Clover plugin can.

> Maybe this post can save someones time

Actually it'll make them loose lots of time as what you've mentioned is not
correct and you'll confuse them now and for eternity (as it'll be indexed by
google). Too bad you've now documented it because bad documentation is worse
than no documentation !!!! :-)

All that said, it's possible that there's a bug and that the licenseLocation
doesn't work with v2.2 of the plugin. If that's true please raise it as  a
bug in JIRA but in any case it won't be a documentation bug as the
licenseLocation is the defined way to do it...

> Sorry for this post but this has really upset me :(

I can see that... :-)

Thanks
-Vincent

Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quel que soit le sujet
!
Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos
expériences.
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com