Hi Aaron,

You can use the maven-deploy-plugin to write to your repository using SSH for Maven 2.
You can refer to these docs for more info:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-deploy-ssh-external.html

I'm not sure if the site is updated though. If you want to get the latest docs, you can checkout the deploy plugin from here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-deploy-plugin and execute "mvn site" to generate the plugin site.

Hope this helps! :-)

Thanks,
Deng

Aaron Metzger wrote:

I am evaluating Maven 2 VS Ivy and would prefer to adopt Maven 2 as a complete build management system but have one hang up question.

I must set up a local secured repository for a portion of our software.
The majority of docs lead me to believe that I can publish to a repository with SCP but can only read from the repository with HTTPS or HTTP. Is that true?

In the Wagon docs I see mention of SSH and SCP but it says that the use of SSH to read from the repository is untested.

We have an existing SSH public key infrastructure in place and would like to use the same SSH transport users and keys for both reading and writing our Maven repository (and SVN access to) and don't want to have to manage a separate set of users/passwords/keys for HTTPS.

Can someone point me to the docs that show how to use SSH/SCP for all things Maven?

Thanks in advance,
Aaron