Yes, Wayne is right, there's little Cargo can do here as Cargo is reusing
the "tools" provided by the app servers to do remote deployment. Yesterday
I've just implemented redeploy for JBoss 4.x and it was nice to see that the
JBoss remote deployer had a redeploy action built in. (However the JBoss
remote deployer doesn't copy the artifact to the server so it has to be
there but that's another story).

What I've suggested to Kevin was to do some research on the Tomcat Manager
Application to check if it had a mode for redeploying a WAR or for updating
an already deployed WAR. I've noticed there's an "update" parameter on
http://tinyurl.com/ye48z3. I haven't tried it and I don't know what it does.

Kevin if you find a way, we'll be happy to modify Cargo's code to use it.

Thanks
-Vincent