As I said I agree that there are valid use cases. Do you need this feature
for your build? If so, please create a jira issue on the Clover plugin. You
could also provide a patch if you need it. It should be quite easy I think:
we'll need to create 2 new goals: One new
clover:instrumentWithGeneratedSources and one
clover:instrumentInternalWithGeneratesSources. It's kind of ugly but I don't
currently see any other way.

Thanks
-Vincent