What i have right now is a ejb-project, war-project and an ear-project. In
the ejb-project i use appc to compile the generated artifact so when i do an
install the 'compiled artifact' gets installed in the repository. The
war-project uses the compiled ejb artifact. Same for the ear-project, it
generates the ear (with compiled ejb and the war), generates Webservices
using servicegen, runs appc and then gets installed in the repository. So, i
have a fully compiled and webservice ready ear in the repository.

If one is to use seperate projects for servicegen and appc, then what should
be the 'packaging' of that project? Also doing so will generate services
using the ear in the local project build folders, so how to install the ear
again in the repository? This is important for a multi-module project where
an 'mvn install' will build all the modules populate the repositiry.

I guess the appc should be in an ear or ejb project and the sericegen in the
ear project.

But my original question still remains - appc in package phase still
executes the build twice :(

Thanks.