Ok; that almost makes sense; what, other than 'Quartz' should I search
nabble for?  I cant find anything relevent.

Answers to any of the following questions would also be appreciated:

How do i find out which of the dependencies is requesting the bogus
version?  The only thing 'maven site' shows in the dependencies is
ehcache-1.2, the version that must be used with hibernate-3.  The dependency
graph shows that ehcache was required by hibernate-3, and no other
(dissimilar) reference to ehcache is on the page.  I pulled out explicit
dependencies on hibernate from my project pom, and likewise the only
hibernate listed is 3.2.0.rc4 required by spring-hibernate3.

Why is it a class not found exception for a class that is obviously there
and correct and not a no-class-def error as would be expected for a bogus
version of a dependency (wrong method invocation, exception in initializer,
etc)?

Why is this error not showing up in eclipse, when as far as i can tell the
same jar files are being used.

Thanks; much appreciated;
-t.