On 24/01/07, Gabriele Contini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,
we have a project structure with many modules and inherited dependencies.
How can we find out the transitivity path  for any given dependency? For
example :

  Path to dependency:
        1) fop:fop:jar:0.20.5
        2) xalan.xalan:jar:2.4.1

This information is usually displayed only for unresolved dependencies,
is it possible to have it  for resolved dependencies too ?
We looked into the dependency:resolve goal but we could not find any
option to  display this information.

Gabriele and Luca

This is my method of keeping the track of transitive dependencies.

Delete the artifact (in your case xalan) from yuor local repository and run
mvn install -o
This tells maven to run the build offline, and since you don't have the
dependency in your repo
when another dependency tries to add it to your local repo. it would fail on
that place.

Maybe there is a better way, but I have always used this.

--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.