Hi Wayne, thanks for your prompt response :-)

I have tried to create a simple testcase for my problem, and I have
discovered that the problem is not where I thought it was :-P

The problem is not in the compilation step. The problem appears with
'mvn assembly:assembly', and I have found it in my project because the
assemblies are created as part of the package phase:

 <plugin>
   <executions>
     <execution>
       <id>make-assembly</id>
       <phase>package</phase>
       <goals>
         <goal>attached</goal>
       </goals>
     </execution>
   </executions>
   <configuration>
     <descriptors>
       <descriptor>${basedir}/src/main/assembly/bin.xml</descriptor>
       <descriptor>${basedir}/src/main/assembly/src.xml</descriptor>
     </descriptors>
   </configuration>
 </plugin>

My intention with this configuration was to ensure that the assemblies
are installed whenever I invoke "mvn install" or "mvn deploy".

Should I use a different phase for this?

Regards,
Rodrigo

Wayne Fay wrote:
> properly defined, the reactor should be able to figure out the proper
> order to build your modules to avoid problems.
>
> I'd suspect something is wrong in one (or more) of your pom files, as
> I have never seen this myself and I know there are numerous tests etc
> in the Maven2 code which were created to avoid these problems.
>
> If you decide that you certainly have a bug and can demonstrate it
> with a few small files, please open a JIRA bug report and attach a zip
> with the pom.xml files etc.
>
> Wayne
>
> On 1/31/07, Rodrigo Ruiz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working in a rather large multi-module project in which several
> modules depend on sibling and parent artifacts (within the same project).
>
> Using Maven 2.0.4, if I try to compile / package / install / deploy the
> whole project with a clean local repository (e.g. the first time I do a
> checkout), the process fails at compile time because it does not find
> any installed artifact in the local repository.
>
> Is this a reported bug? I haven't found any related JIRA report.
>
> My guess is that the Maven dependency resolution system is not including
> the generated artifacts once they have been built. Is there any way to
> achieve this?
>
> Even with "mvn install", it tries to compile all modules before
> packaging or installing them, thus failing when it finds the first
> module with "internal" dependencies.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Rodrigo Ruiz

GRID SYSTEMS, S.A.             Rodrigo Ruiz
Parc Bit - Edificio 17         Research Coordinator
07121 Palma de Mallorca        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Baleares - Spain               Tel: +34 971 435 085
http://www.gridsystems.com/    Fax: +34 971 435 082