Thanks for everyone's help! Finally made it work!

Cheers

On 2/7/07, Manos Batsis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<build>
    <extensions>
      <extension>
        <groupId>mysql-connector-java</groupId>
        <artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
        <version>5.0.4</version>
      </extension>
    </extensions>

hth,

Manos

Quoting lemon dumpling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi Johann,
>
> Yes, I tried that thing but it always throws no suitable driver
> exception:
> [ERROR] SchemaExport - schema export unsuccessful
> <java.sql.SQLException: No
> sui
> table driver>java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
>         at
> java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:545)
>         at
> java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:140)
>         at
> org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.getConnectio
> n(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:110)
>
> My pom.xml:
>
> <plugin>
>         <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>         <artifactId>hibernate3-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>         <version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>         <configuration>
>           <componentProperties>
>             <outputfilename>schema.sql</outputfilename>
>           </componentProperties>
>         </configuration>
> </plugin>
>

> But then if I have something like this, it actually works - it auto
> connects
> to my database and creates the schema:
>

> <plugin>
>         <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>         <artifactId>hibernate3-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>         <version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>
>         <configuration>
>           <components>
>             <component>
>               <name>hbm2ddl</name>
>             </component>
>           </components>
>           <componentProperties>
>             <drop>true</drop>
>             <create>true</create>
>             <jdk5>true</jdk5>

<configurationfile>src/main/resources/hibernate.cfg.xml</configurationfile>

http://mojo.codehaus.org/maven-hibernate3/hibernate3-maven-plugin/examples/s
> > chema_output.html
> >
> > Also you need to include the annotated classes in your
> hibernate.cfg.xml
> > file
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Johann Reyes

<configurationfile>src/main/resources/etc/hibernate.cfg.xml</configurationfi