Mmmm, then, why do you want to stop transitivity? If you depend on a war
module which depends on implJarModule at runtime, then your final module
will also depend on it. Maybe your final module includes another
implementation?

Anyway, I guess what you need is to declare the dependency as:

<dependency>
  <groupId>...</groupId>
  <artifactId>implJarModule</artifactId>
  <scope>runtime</scope>
  <optional>true</optional>
</dependency>

The "optional" flag should break transitivity.

Regards

Rémy Sanlaville wrote:
> Thanks Rodrigo for your reply.
>
> I think "provided" is the right value for this
>

> I prefer to say "provided" is the best solution (compared with the
> others) but
> not the right.
>
> Why ? Because if you need my warModule, you will see that it has a
> dependency to implJarModule with the provided scope.
> So you will think that implJarModule is needed for compilation. But it's
> not
> true, because warModule just need it for runtime.
> As a result, you will add a dependency for implJarModule with a compile
> scope rather than a runtime scope.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rémy

GRID SYSTEMS, S.A.             Rodrigo Ruiz
Parc Bit - Edificio 17         Research Coordinator
07121 Palma de Mallorca        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Baleares - Spain               Tel: +34 971 435 085
http://www.gridsystems.com/    Fax: +34 971 435 082