Hey that was the problem. I had an extra "\" in M2_HOME. I removed it and
mvn started working. I wonder how it recognised the mvn command if the
environment variable was the problem.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Sagar M. Yerunkar

franz see <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
04/03/2007 12:55 PM
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>

users@maven.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Unable to run it

Good day,

( I assume you're on windows )

Check your M2_HOME, what did you set it into ? ..Did you set it with
D:\my\path\to\maven, or to D:\my\path\to\maven\ ? ..If you did the second
one, remove the last "\".

Cheers,
Franz

Sagar Yerunkar wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have installed apache maven on my system. I have added all the
> directories to the path and have set the required variables. However, i
> get this error when i type "mvn site" :
>
> Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
>            (to execute a class)
>    or  java [-options] -jar jarfile [args...]
>            (to execute a jar file)
>
> where options include:
>     -client       to select the "client" VM
>     -server       to select the "server" VM
>     -hotspot      is a synonym for the "client" VM  [deprecated]
>                   The default VM is client.
>
>     -cp <class search path of directories and zip/jar files>
>     -classpath <class search path of directories and zip/jar files>
>                   A ; separated list of directories, JAR archives,
>                   and ZIP archives to search for class files.
>     -D<name>=<value>
>                   set a system property
>     -verbose[:class|gc|jni]
>                   enable verbose output
>     -version      print product version and exit
>     -version:<value>
>                   require the specified version to run
>     -showversion  print product version and continue
>     -jre-restrict-search | -jre-no-restrict-search
>                   include/exclude user private JREs in the version
search
>     -? -help      print this help message
>     -X            print help on non-standard options
>     -ea[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
>     -enableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
>                   enable assertions
>     -da[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
>     -disableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
>                   disable assertions
>     -esa | -enablesystemassertions
>                   enable system assertions
>     -dsa | -disablesystemassertions
>                   disable system assertions
>     -agentlib:<libname>[=<options>]
>                   load native agent library <libname>, e.g.
> -agentlib:hprof
>                     see also, -agentlib:jdwp=help and
-agentlib:hprof=help