I agree with the "provided" scope.
I think its in the dependency-mechanism link I sent earlier.

- Deng

Jerome Lacoste wrote:
On 4/4/07, Thinkboy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
hi,

my servlet-api version is conflict due to transitive dep

e.g.

i)  commons-logging-1.0.3.jar  -> servlet-api-2.2.jar
ii) jetty-6.1.1.jar -> servlet-api-2.2.jar

same version in both cases ?
Commons-logging depends on servlet-api ?

after I packaged all to /lib directory, in which both
servlet-api-2.2.jar and servlet-api-2.2.jar are located.
 when I try to run application which is built with Jetty. it throws
Exception bcos, jetty app loaded servlet-api-2.2.jar API instead of
servlet-api-2.2.jar

You mean you deployed your application under the jetty lib directory ?
Don't do that, use a war file.

Or you put the servlet API jars inside WEB-INF/lib ? What about using
<scope>provided</scope> ?

Jerome

!DSPAM:602,46136089297121685850248!