Thank you for the explanation,

Wouldn't it be possible to store the finalName in the
maven-metadata.xmlfile or another xml file in the repository? We
already have a unique path in
the repository ${groupId}/${artifactId}/${version}. I'm not interested in
changing the path, just the name of the final jar / zip / whatever.

It seems that the finalName *could* be added in an xml file in the
repository. Whether it *should* be added is another issue.

FTR I'm just curious whether this is a possibility, or if anyone else thinks
it would be a good idea. I did look through the mailing list archives
unfortunately after I posted the question) and I know this issue has come up
before.

Thanks again,
Michael Dick

On 4/11/07, Heinrich Nirschl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 4/11/07, Michael Dick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that the finalName configuration option for an assembly is
> ignored when you install or deploy your project. Is this intended
behavior?

> I have a project named openjpa-project which contains the a source and
> binary assembly which packages various OpenJPA sub-projects. We'd like
> have the resulting zip files named openjpa-${version}-source.zip and
> openjpa-${version}-binary.zip, but we're getting
openjpa-project-${version}-
> source.zip (and the same for -binary) when we deploy or install.
>
> I can provide pom and assembly files if that would help.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> -Michael Dick

There is no way for maven to access an artifact in the repository if
it does not follow the standard naming conventions.

Henry