While that will probably work, I don't find that to be an acceptible
solution.

I don't want to include any repositories in my settings.xml, as I am
experimenting with several projects which build with m2 and I don't want to
take a chance on running into plugin revision issues.  If that repository is
required for the build, it should be in the pom.