Hi all,

I am trying to migrate a C++ project to Maven2, but I have troubles to
find out the right way to go.

The current project uses a Makefile for several Unix systems (custom, no
automake used), and separate Visual Studio project files for Windows.
The artifact to generate is a shared library.

AFAICS, I have several options for the general project layout:

- Use the antrun plugin to build the project using the already existent
Makefile and VS project files. Surely, this is the fastest to implement
and the best for a quick prototype, but I would prefer to keep a single
build system. Right now, I see it more like a patch than a final solution.

- Use the native plugin and, making extensive use of profiles, manage to
get a single project that can be built in any platform. I am not sure
that it would be feasible to make the packaging and classifier of the
produced artifact reflect the library extension and the target
OS/platform in the file name.

- Using again the native plugin, create a multi-module project. The
parent would contain the C++ source code, while each child module would
be devoted to create a single OS/platform specific artifact.

Which one do you think is the best? Is there any other way to do this?
By the way, can native be used for C#, VB, Delphi, etc.?

There are more issues related to the same migration, but I think it is
better to go step by step ;-)

Please, any comment or advice would be very welcome!

Cheers,

GRID SYSTEMS, S.A.             Rodrigo Ruiz
Parc Bit - Edificio 17         Research Coordinator
07121 Palma de Mallorca
Baleares - Spain
http://www.gridsystems.com/