On 4/27/07, Roland Asmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Branching (as I've stated a couple of time now) is an issue, which I feel can
and should be automated. However, the merging of code is something that I
feel should be left with manual intervention.

Some bugs that have been fixed in a branch, may have been solved in the head
already by e.g. implementing a new feature (maybe you stumbled upon the bug
or you had to refactor some code and fixed the bug without knowing). So, in
my opinion, the merging must remain a manual process.

I fully agree, I am not proposing that it should be automated. The
issue is, even if the difficulties you mentioned don't come up, there
is one place where you *always* get conflicts, namely the version
fields in the POMs.

Henry