Well, I added the source to ./target/generated-sources/*

With adding the <includes> to my compiler like this:

           <plugin>
               <configuration>
                   <compilerVersion>1.5</compilerVersion>
                   <source>1.5</source>
                   <target>1.5</target>
                   <debug>${compiler.debug}</debug>
                   <showDeprecation>${showDeprecation}</showDeprecation>
                   <showWarnings>${showWarnings}</showWarnings>
                   <optimize>${optimize}</optimize>

                   <meminitial>${meminitial}</meminitial>
                   <maxmem>${maxmem}</maxmem>

                   <includes>
                       <include>${basedir}/src/main/java</include>
                       <include>${basedir}/src/test/java</include>

<include>${basedir}/target/generated-sources</include>
                   </includes>

               </configuration>
           </plugin>

I start getting test compilation errors.

On 6/8/07, Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 8 Jun 07, at 4:27 PM 8 Jun 07, Mick Knutson wrote:

> I have java and xml files being generated and I want to know where
> to put
> them in order for them to be compiled and included into my war?

It's not where you put, but telling Maven there are new sources and
new resources:

From the Antlr plugin:

       if ( project != null )
         {
             // Add resources
             projectHelper.addResource( project,
outputDirectory.getAbsolutePath(), Collections
                 .singletonList( "**/**.txt" ), new ArrayList() );

             // Add source root
            project.addCompileSourceRoot( outputDirectory.getAbsolutePath()
);
         }

Reference: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-
antlr-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/antlr/
AbstractAntlrMojo.java

Typically you put generated sources in ${project.build.directory}/
generated-sources/<short-plugin-id>

So for the Antlr plugin this is target/generated-sources/antlr

> --
> ---
> Thanks,
> Mick Knutson