No, you can't add a build plugin into the settings.xml. That can only be done in the pom. You need to use profiles in the pom.xml of the project. Please see the link in the previous email ('Profiles in pom.xml' section) for the pom elements which you can add in a profile in the pom.xml.

-Deng

Mick Knutson wrote:
I can't find any reference to adding a build plugin into my settings.xml