To: "Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 1:29 PM
Subject: Running Maven commands with CRON

Hello,

I'm trying to run the following script with CRON:
# set up some environment vars to make things more readable
. /home/maven/metalink3/setupVars.sh

/u02/webapps/orihttp/apache/maven-2.0.4/bin/mvn site:site

This runs fine when I run it from the command line. But when CRON runs it I get:
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'site'.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [site:site]
[INFO]
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class => 'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Cannot execute mojo: site. It requires a project with an existing pom.xml, but the build is not using one.

It seems when running from CRON Maven can't find the pom file.

Is there a way to specify the location of the top level pom via that command line?

Thanks in advance,
Chris