I've been working on several log4j related projects with Maven recently and I've started having errors during site generation start occurring on projects that had been working. The symptom is: Error loading report org.apache.maven.plugin.jxr.JxrReport - AbstractMethodError: canGenerateReport()

And will disappear if the ${ reports} is removed from src/site/site.xml.

I've been experiencing the problem with Maven 2.0.6 or Maven 2.0.4 java version "1.5.0_07" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_07-164) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_07-87, mixed mode, sharing)

and still had the problem after deleting my local repository.

To reproduce the problem, check out the following project:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/sandbox/log4j/component

and then do "mvn site"

thanks,

DT,