1) Use "mvn -X" and parse the text dependency tree to find out which
dependency is pulling in the unwanted lucene artifact version. Just
copy and paste the "mvn -X" output to Notepad etc and search for
"lucene". Then add an <excludes> node to the offending dependency to
exclude the "bad" artifact.

2) The dependency:tree mojo is not yet available in any released
version. So you will need to add the Maven Snapshot repo to your pom
to be able to use it.

Wayne