Thanks Tim!

I modified by EJB's pom.xml to contain the following -

 <plugin>
  <artifactId>xdoclet-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
  <version>1.0-alpha-1</version>
  <executions>
   <execution>
    <goals>
     <goal>xdoclet</goal>
    </goals>
    <phase>generate-sources</phase>
   </execution>
  </executions>
 </plugin>

However, when I run the mvn xdoclet:xdoclet command, I get the following
error:

[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.AbstractMethodError
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.ComponentValueS
etter.configure(ComponentValueSetter.java:247)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.composite.Objec
tWithFieldsConverter.processConfiguration(ObjectWithFieldsConverter.java
:137)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.BasicComponentConfigurator
.configureComponent(BasicComponentConfigurator.java:56)

I visited a few posts and find that users in '05 when the plugin was
first released, had to modify the xdoclet's POM in the respository. Is
this still the case? Or am I using the wrong version? Also, WHICH POM
should I be modifying if necessary in the respository? There are loads
of subdirectories of the xdoclet repository...