Hi,

I'm just setting up Maven on a developer's workstation. The developer
has no access to the Internet and should therefore always retrieve the
latest artifacts from a repository we've set up at our company (which
has a connection to the internet).
Even when I add the following part to the settings.xml file of the Maven
installation on the developer's machine, each Maven command I execute
from there still tries to connect to the Maven repository on the
Internet. How can this be avoided ?
(The repository I've set up is working fine, since I can connect with an
Internet Explorer to it)

<profiles>
  <profile>
    <id>dev</id>
    <repositories>
      <repository>
        <id>central</id>
        <name>Maven Central Proxy Repository</name>
        <url>http://b2btst04/maven-central-proxy</url>
      </repository>
    </repositories>
    <pluginRepositories>
      <pluginRepository>
        <id>central</id>
        <name>Maven Central Proxy Repository</name>
        <url>http://b2btst04/maven-central-proxy</url>
      </pluginRepository>
    </pluginRepositories>
  </profile>