From: Dennis Lundberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 8:30:37 PM
Subject: Community review of the next commons-logging pom

Hi all

The poms for commons logging has taken some beating on this list over the years. The reason for that has been the dependencies section. Previous poms of commons-logging was created for Maven 1. These were then converted into Maven 2 poms with various degree of success. In particular the scope wasn't set properly.

We are now preparing the next release of commons-logging (version 1.1.1) which will be built with Maven 2. That means that the pom that ends up in the Maven 2 repository will be the same one that we have created.

To make sure that we have covered all bases this time we invite you, the community, to help us get it right. The current pom.xml is available for your viewing in our subversion repository:

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/logging/trunk/pom.xml?revision=568979&view=markup

Please post any comments you have on the pom to this list, and I will bring the over to the commons community.

--
Dennis Lundberg