There is something like this in the sandbox:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/sandbox/trunk/plugins/maven-property-setting-plugin/

You'll have to build it yourself. I haven't tried it, but the example seems to indicate that it does what you are looking for.

Please provide feedback to this list if you find the plugin useful.

Kalle Korhonen wrote:
I've been amazed myself by the fact that the plugin (nor any other one)
doesn't just provide a straight-up timestamp. buildnumber plugin comes the
closest, but if you want to use both svn version number and a timestamp, you
are frustratingly out of luck. Looking at buildnumber plugin source, it'd be
super simple to add the timestamp as different property rather than re-using
buildNumber. Hey Julian, any chance you could add ${timestamp} in the next
version? I'm sure a lot of people would be grateful for this, so that not
everyone would need to create weird hacks or implement their plugin versions
just for this.

Kalle

On 8/20/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>