Hi

I have a question regarding the use of the install:install-file goal for
instalation of a Codehaus mojo.  I managed to install the Cobertura mojo,
but I am sure I didn't do it in the intended manner.

>From the page
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-install-plugin/install-file-mojo.html
I expected to be able to install the pojo as follows:

mvn install:install-file -Dfile=
http://repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/mojo/cobertura-maven-plugin/2.1/c
obertura-maven-plugin-2.1.jar -DpomFile=
http://repository.codehaus.org/org/code
haus/mojo/cobertura-maven-plugin/2.1/cobertura-maven-plugin-2.1.pom

But this fails with a message telling me that groupId, artifactId, packaging
and version are required.  I expected these to be picked up from the POM.

In the end I had to download the plug-in's jar file manually (because it
treated the url I specified on the command line as a directory path relative
to the directory I was in! ) and open the POM to get the missing details.

Finally I got it working with:

mvn install:install-file
-Dfile=c:/mydir/cobertura-maven-plugin-2.1.jar-DgroupId=
org.codehaus.mojo -Dversion=2.1 -DartifactId=cobertura-maven-plugin
-Dpackaging=maven-plugin

Obviously this is not the clever way to do it.  I guess I just needed some
way to specify that I pom and jar locations were urls,not file paths, but I
am not sure how.  What should I have dome?

Thanks!

Gary