Hi Kyle,

Try putting your plugin config in the <pluginManagement> of your child POM. Don't forget to specify the maven-clean-plugin in the <pluginManagement> of you parent POM as well.

Please see http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Build (Plugins and Plugin Management sections) for the explanation :-)

HTH,
Deng

Kyle.Bober wrote:
I have a parent pom that contains several children modules. In one of the
child modules I have the following maven-clean-plugin configured:

<plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>Delete JAX-WS Generated Client Sources</id>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>clean</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <phase>clean</phase>
                        <configuration>
                            <filesets>
                                <fileset>
<directory>${java.src.directory}/com/heartlab/ws/services</directory>
                                        <includes>
                                            <include>**/*.*</include>
                                        </includes>
<followSymlinks>false</followSymlinks>
                                </fileset>
</filesets> </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>

When I execute the clean phase via the child module POM it deletes the
fileset accordingly. When I call the clean phase from the parent POM it
never calls the child modules maven-clean-plugin fileset. Why is this? Am I
missing something?