From: Patrick Moore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 2:23 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Improving Maven Site Docs (was maven is hard)

mvn help should always work no matter how broken the repository or the
pom
is.

otherwise it isn't help. Usually the thing that is broken with any
product
is the configuration/installation. Requiring that mvn help have a god
pom.xml or even a good repo to work is missing the point of "help"

think about "mvn help" as being equal to "mvn
help!-my-manager-is-yelling-at-me-from-1-meter-away-and-something-is-bro
ken-and-i-feel-like-an-idiot"

:-)