Hello,

I have Maven 2.0.7 installation on the SVN with configured settings.xml, so
every developer can update changes (for example, about repo, etc..).

I am using Artifactory for repository management and everything work
perfectly until now.

If I use, for example, mvn archetype:create
-DgroupId=com.blah-DartifactId=modulX in a folder that doesn't contain
pom.xml, Maven stucks at "update blah blah from central", where central is
my Artifactory cache repo. I thought that there is a problem with
Artifactory, but after an hour of experimenting I realized when I use the
same command in a directory that contains pom.xml, it works.

So, in the first case, Maven doesn't recognize global settings.xml!?

Can somebody explain this strange behaviour or this is a bug?