Hi,

I use 2 installers:

* IzPack to generate a generic JAR installer
* launch4j to wrap the generic JAR installer into an EXE for windows platforms

I got the IzPack maven plugin from http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ MOJO-277 which I installed in my custom remo repo. For launch4j I simply used its Ant task that I called using the AntRun plugin.

To see how it's done check the XWiki sources here:
http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/xwiki-products/xwiki-enterprise/ trunk/installers/

My next step is to have a look at the daemon plugin from Apache since this plugin seem to support various installers and in additions allows starting your app as a daemon.
Some pointers:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-commits/ 200602.mbox/[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/directory/daemon/daemon- plugin/1.1.1/ http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/trunks/daemon/installers- plugin/pom.xml?view=log&pathrev=374299 http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/felix/sandbox/akarasulu/ mavenized/installers/pom.xml?revision=383421&view=markup&pathrev=383421

If someone gets this to work fine it would be nice to report it here.

Thanks
-Vincent