I've found what looks like a bug in the Maven Antlib, but I thought I
should check here first before sending the issue to JIRA as I am a
relatively new Maven user.

I've created a pom that transitively has two paths to the artifact
commons-logging. Due to the structure of the poms this resulted in 1.0
being selected instead of what I needed, 1.0.4. In an attempt to
resolve this I added the following to my SuperPom from which all
others inherit:

<dependencyManagement>
        <dependencies>
<dependency>
                <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
                <version>1.0.4</version>
            </dependency>
</dependencies>
    </dependencyManagement>

Now, when I run mvn dependency:resolve on my child pom it changes the
resolved dependency from 1.0 to 1.0.4 as I desired. Hurrah!
Unfortunately when I reference the classpath produced by this pom in
my ant script it still shows the 1.0 version on the classpath. It
seems that the maven antLib is not taking the parent's dependency
management section into account. I've heard that the maven antlib does
not always function as maven should. Is this true?

Regards,
Kallin Nagelberg.