Hi Bashar,

An issue has already been filed for this problem, please see:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-633

You can reduce the logging by changing the log level (in log4j.xml) for the
repo scanner from 'debug' to 'info' as shown below.

<logger name="org.apache.maven.archiva.repository.scanner">
    <level value="info" />
</logger>

The log4j.xml file is found in this directory:
apache-archiva-1.0/apps/archiva/webapp/WEB-INF/classes

You need to restart Archiva after making the change.

Thanks,
Deng