Hi!

According to a wiki article [0], the two maven books, and some mails on this
list it is best practice to put integration tests in one (or multiple)
separate module(s). In all examples I could find, this IT-module is of
packaging type pom, which IMO makes sense as I wouldn't need a JAR with the
integration tests.

However, I'm using the maven-eclipse-plugin to integrate my modules with
Eclipse. Unfortunately, modules of type "pom" are ignored by this plugin
and i can't produce a valid eclipse project configuration with the
m-eclipse-p.

There are already JIRA issues for this: MECLIPSE-94 [1] and duplicates which
mention a parameter ${eclipse.alwaysWritePomProjects}, but I can't find
documentation for this parameter.

How do others solve this kind of problem?

tia,
- martin

[0] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Maven+and+Integration+Testing
[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-94