Please open a new issue in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY and attach a failing test project that I can use to verify the problem, and I'll take a look.

Thanks,

-john

Julien Simon wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a problem when I try to create an assembly with a specified
MANIFEST.MF. I use the following configuration;

<plugin>
<configuration>
<archive>
<manifestFile>${basedir}/src/main/resources/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF</manifestFile>
</archive>
</configuration>
</plugin>

The problem is that the file I specified is not used. It's exactly the
problem as described in this issue;
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-74.

When I'm using the fix version specified in the JIRA issue (2.1) everything
works fine. But when I'm using the latest version of the plugin (2.2-beta-2)
it does not work. I was wondering since 2.2-beta-2 is a higher version than
2.1 why the bug seems to remain?

--
John Casey
Developer, PMC Member - Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)