On Friday 11 July 2008 Carlos Alonso wrote:
> Now my problem is the following. I execute the install target, but, if
> any test fails, I wouldn't like my repository to store the generated
> artifact and, as you can imagine, the artifact is installed. How can I
> deal with this?

I guess that's not easily possible, as there are only two states: "build
succeeds" and "build fails". With the surefire parameter testFailureIgnore,
you managed to have a successfull build even if some tests fail. But the
install plugin doesn't know anything about the failed tests and just sees a
succeeded build and thus, installes the JAR.

The question is: why would you want the build to succeed if the tests fail?
If it fails, there is no point in using the broken JAR, anyway.

hth,
- martin